Students attending the CLC will be provided with tailored wellbeing support either onsite through NASC’s FLO provider partner Mission Australia, or from an existing School Support Officer (SSO) or external FLO provider.
Support and Facilities
All students enter the Community Learning Centre (CLC) via an interview with the CLC team who aim to help you transition back into study and plan for the future.
You will work with our team to:
- Prepare yourself for life at the CLC with an induction and orientation session
- Plan your SACE journey
- Set goals for your time at the CLC
- Understand your learning style and needs
- Develop skills needed to transition into a post-school pathway
- Counselling and youth support
- Career guidance and transition connections
- Case Management
As a student at the Community Learning Centre, you will have access to facilities, such as:
- Latest technology and industry standard equipment
- Fast and secure internet including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) options
- Library (at Northern Adelaide Senior College)
- Harvest Food Truck for purchasing food during Recess and Lunch
Other Support Services
At the Community Learning Centre we recognise the importance of Wellbeing.
As teachers and case managers we know that personal and learning outcomes improve for young people when they are healthy, feel safe and are happy.
We work towards providing learning environments that supports students to take positive action and responsibility for their own physical, social, emotional, moral and spiritual health. Case Management is an integral part of assessing and responding to wellbeing needs.